Reference is drawn to the captioned Regulations notified on 16th February, 2013. Regulation 17 deals with Transitory Provisions wherein 17 (a) (iii) provides as follows:-
‘Products not in compliance with this Regulation shall all stand withdrawn and shall not be sold.
- In the case of Group Products, from 1st July 2013.
- In the case of Individual Products, from 1st October, 2013.’
In view of difficulties expressed by insurers with regard to the time-frame keeping in view the interests of the policyholders who need to be intimated sufficiently in advance as stipulated under Regulation 17 (c), the Authority hereby defers the stipulated dated applicable for Group Products from 1st July, 2013 to 1st October, 2013. There is no deferment for Individual Products for which the date already stipulated in the Regulations is 1st October, 2013.
Consequent to the above, the following may be noted:-
- The certification of list of products as stipulated in Regulation 17 (a) (i) by the Appointed Actuary to be countersigned by the CEO and submitted to the Authority would now need to be submitted on or before 30.09.2013 and not as per the date given therein.
- The provision in respect of renewal of group policies stipulated as per Regulation 17 (b)(iii) (2) the date applicable for not enrolling new members would now be 1st October, 2013 and not the date given therein.
- It is clarified that as a corollary of the deferment of the date for Group Products, the existing group products are allowed to be continued until 30th September, 2013.
All insurers are advised to ensure necessary compliance.