Our first of a kind Dengue Care plan offers coverage for any medical expenses incurred on inpatient or outpatient treatment for dengue. You are not required to undergo any medicals at the time of taking the cover.
- This policy covers persons in the age group 91 days to 65 years. The maximum entry age is restricted upto 65 years. The Minimum entry age for Adult is 18 years and maximum is 65 years. The minimum entry age for child is 91 days and the maximum is 25 years
- No maximum cover ceasing age
- An individual and/or his family members namely spouse, dependent children and parents are eligible for buying this cover.
- This cover will be offered on individual Sum Insured basis only.
- This is an annual policy.
- The premium for the policy will remain the same for the policy period as mentioned in the policy schedule
- A maximum of 6 members can be added in a single policy. A maximum of 4 adults and a maximum of 5 children can be included in a single policy.
- In-Patient Hospitalisation – Treatment arising from Dengue fever where Insured Person has to stay in a Hospital for more than 24 hours.
- Pre-Hospitalisation – The medical expenses incurred due to illness during 15 days immediately before hospitalization.
- Post-Hospitalisation – The medical expenses you incur in the 15 days immediately after you are discharged from hospital.
- Shared Accommodation Benefit – If the Insured Person is Hospitalized in Shared Accommodation in a Network Hospital, exclusion for non payable items under Section III C v) of Policy wordings will be waived off.
The following benefits are available to all Insured Persons during the Policy Period if NS1 (nonstructural protein 1) is positive in result. Any claims made under these benefits will be subject to Out-patient Sum Insured.
- Outpatient Consultations – Outpatient consultation by a general Medical Practitioner for treatment of Dengue fever.
- Diagnostic Tests – Outpatient diagnostic tests for Dengue fever taken by the Insured Person from a diagnostic centre
- Pharmacy – Medicines purchased by the Insured Person from a pharmacy, provided that such medicines have been prescribed for treatment of Dengue Fever.
- Home Nursing – We will also reimburse the Medical Expenses for necessary medical treatment taken by the Insured Person by our empanelled medical practitioner at home for treatment of Dengue fever.
- Cashless Service – You need to obtain a pre-authorization for all planned admissions atleast 48 hours prior to actual admission or regularize any ‘emergency’ admission within 24 hours post the admission. The details of the process and the documentation requirements are given in the claim procedure document.
- Tax Benefits – With the Dengue Care Plan you can presently avail tax benefits for the premium amount under Section 80D of the Income Tax Act. (Tax benefits are subject to changes in Tax Laws)
- Renewal Terms – Dengue Care offers lifelong renewability i.e there is no maximum cover ceasing age in this policy. Grace Period of 30 days for renewing the policy is provided under this policy.
- Any Treatment other than for Dengue fever
- Vitamins and tonics unless certified to be required by the attending Medical Practitioner as a direct consequence of an otherwise covered claim
- Specified healthcare providers (Hospitals /Medical Practitioners)
- Treatment rendered by a Medical Practitioner which is outside his discipline or the discipline for which he is licensed.
- Any treatment or part of a treatment that is not of a reasonable charge, not Medically Necessary; drugs or treatments which are not supported by a prescription.
- Charges related to a Hospital stay not expressly mentioned as being covered, including but not limited to charges for admission, discharge, administration, registration, documentation and filing.
- Any non medical expenses mentioned in Annexure I of Policy wordings
For complete exclusions please refer to the policy document.