Importance of Travel Insurance
Travelling abroad to a foreign land entails a lot of risk. Medical expenses in foreign currency and hospitalization can be prohibitively expensive. Our travel policy covers you for all medical eventualities for just a fraction of the amount you would otherwise need.
- Covers expenses of hospitalization, loss of baggage and other incidental expenses
- Covers you against trip cancellation, trip curtailment and burglary of your home*
- Quick disbursement of claims
- Global expertise matched with local knowledge
- Innovative packages to match individual needs
- Only insurance company with in-house international toll-free numbers and fax numbers
What are the Exclusions Applicable to Travel Policies?
- Any medical condition or complication arising from it which existed before the commencement of the policy period, or for which care, treatment or advice was sought, recommended by or received from a physician.
- Routine physical or other examination where there is no objective indication of impairment of normal health.
- Medical expenses beyond the expiry of the policy period.
- Suicide, attempted suicide or willfully self-inflicted injury or illness, mental disorder, anxiety/stress/depression/nervousness having no underlying physical illness as a cause; venereal disease, alcoholism, drunkenness or the abuse of drugs.
- Manual work or hazardous occupation, self-exposure to needless peril (except in an attempt to save human life), engaging in any criminal or illegal act.
- Pregnancy, resulting in childbirth, miscarriage, abortion, or complication arising out of any of the foregoing.
- Experimental, unproven or non-standard treatment.
- Treatment by any other system other than modern medicine (also known as Allopathy).
- The cost of spectacles, contact lenses, hearing aids, crutches and all other external appliances and/or devices whether for diagnosis or treatment.
- Delay of baggag e when the intended destination is in India.
- Loss or damage to the insured’s passport as a result of the confiscation or detention by customs, police or any other authority.
- Loss which is not reported to the appropriate police authority within 24 hours of the discovery of the loss, and in respect of which an official report has not been obtained.
- Loss caused by the insured’s failure to take reasonable steps to guard against the loss of passport.
Travel Insurance Cancellation Procedure
BEFORE THE POLICY START DATE
- The insured is expected to inform us and an E mail should be sent by the insured requesting the cancellation.
- He/she should furnish policy number or schedule number in the E mail.
*There will be a Rs 250/- cancellation charges.
AFTER THE POLICY START DATE – IF THE INSURED HAS NOT TRAVELLED
Following documents should be sent to us:
- Proof that the insured has not travelled overseas.
- Photo copy or Scan copy of all the pages (including empty pages) of the passport.
- Reason for policy cancellation.
- Visa rejection letter in case of visa refusal by embassy.
*Based on the underwriters approval the policy will be cancelled within one working day after receiving the email (and passport copy post start date).
AFTER THE POLICY START DATE – IF THE INSURED HAS TRAVELLED
In case of any early return of the insured person prior to expiry of the policy period, the company will refund premium at the rates shown in adjacent table (subject to no claims being incurred on the policy)