LIC AAO 2019 Notification: The Life Insurance Corporation of India (LIC) is the largest insurance company in India. The LIC has released the LIC AAO 2019 Recruitment Notification on 2nd March 2019 for the recruitment of Assistant Administrative Officers (AAO) in various branches of LIC across India. Online registration for LIC AAO 2019 has already started and the last date to fill up the LIC AAO application form is 22nd March 2019.
Aspiring candidates who wish to join LIC as AAO (Generalist/IT/Chartered Accountant/Actuarial/Rajbhasha) must read the LIC AAO recruitment notification to see if they fulfill all the LIC AAO eligibility criteria. They must also have a clear idea about the important dates, registration process, LIC AAO exam pattern, LIC AAO syllabus, admit card, etc. This article provides all the necessary information regarding LIC AAO 2019 notification. Read on to find out.
LIC AAO 2019 Notification
Before getting into the details of LIC AAO 2019 notification, let’s have an overview of the exam:
|LIC AAO Notification 2019: An Overview|
|Conducting Organization||Life Insurance Corporation of India (LIC)|
|Name of Post||Assistant Administrative Officer (AAO)|
|Number of Vacancies||590|
|Type of Job||Central Govt. Job|
|Job Location||Anywhere in India|
|Stages||Three (Prelims, Mains, and Interview)|
LIC AAO 2019 Notification: Important Dates
The important dates for LIC AAO 2019 recruitment are as under:
|Events||LIC AAO 2019 Important Dates|
|LIC AAO Online Registration & Payment of Application Fee||2nd March 2019 to 22nd March 2019|
|Download of LIC AAO Admit Card for Prelims||22nd April 2019 to 30th April 2019|
|LIC AAO Prelims||4th and 5th May 2019 (Tentative)|
|LIC AAO Mains||28th June 2019 (Tentative)|
LIC AAO 2019 Notification: LIC AAO Vacancies
The category-wise LIC AAO vacancies for different posts are tabulated below:
|Generalist||SC – 55ST – 35
OBC – 85
EWS – 35
UR – 140
Total – 350
|IT||SC – 25ST – 14
OBC – 36
EWS – 15
UR – 60
Total – 150
|CA||SC – 7ST – 5
OBC – 13
EWS – 5
UR – 20
Total – 50
|Actuarial||SC – 4ST – 3
OBC – 8
EWS – 3
UR – 12
Total – 30
|Rajbhasha||SC – 1ST – 1
OBC – 2
EWS – 1
UR – 5
Total – 10
LIC AAO 2019 Notification: LIC AAO Eligibility Criteria
Before filling up the LIC AAO online application form, candidates must check if they fulfill the LIC AAO eligibility criteria. As per the LIC AAO notification 2019, candidates must meet the following criteria (as on 1st March 2019):
Age Limit: The minimum age of the candidate should be 21 years and the maximum age limit is 30 years. For SC/ST candidates, there is age relaxation of 5 years, 3 years for OBC candidates, and 10 years for Pwd (General) candidates, 13 years for PwD (OBC) candidates, and 15 years for PwD (SC/ST) candidates.
Educational Qualification: The required educational qualification is different for different LIC AAO posts:
- LIC AAO (Generalists): The candidate must have a Bachelor’s degree from any recognized university.
- LIC AAO (IT): The candidate must be a graduate in engineering (Computer Science, IT or Electronics) or have completed his MCA or MSc (Computer Science) from a recognized university.
- LIC AAO (Chartered Accountant): The candidate must hold a Bachelor’s degree from a recognized university. He should also have passed the final exam of Institute of Chartered Accountants of India and be an Associate Member of the same.
- LIC AAO (Actuarial): The candidate must hold a Bachelor’s degree in any discipline from a recognized university. He should also have passed Paper CT1 and CT5 plus 4 or more other papers of the exam conducted by the Institute of Actuaries of India/Institute and Faculty of Actuaries, UK.
- LIC AAO (Rajbhasha): The candidate must hold a Master’s degree in Hindi/English/Sanskrit with English/Hindi/English & Hindi as one of the subjects at Bachelor’s degree level.
LIC AAO 2019 Notification: How To Apply For LIC AAO Exam 2019
Follow the steps as under to fill up the LIC AAO application form:
- 1st Step: Go the official website of LIC: www.licindia.com.
- 2nd Step: Scroll down and click on “Careers”.
- 3rd Step: Click on “Recruitment of Assistant Administrative Officer 2019”.
- 4th Step: Click on “Click Here For Apply Online”.
- 5th Step: Click on “Click Here For New Registration”.
- 6th Step: Read the instructions carefully and click on “Continue”.
- 7th Step: Enter your basic details, like Name, Mobile Number, and Email ID.
- 8th Step: Enter the security code and click on “Save & Next”. At this point, a Provisional Registration Number and Password will be generated for you and sent through SMS and Email. Note them down.
- 9th Step: Upload scanned images of your Photograph and Signature in the prescribed specifications, and click on “Next”.
- 10th Step: Enter the post you applied for, your category, and other personal details. Enter your postal address along with PIN code. Validate the details and click on “Save & Next”.
- 11th Step: Enter your educational and experience details, etc. Validate them and click on “Save & Next”.
- 12th Step: Check all the entered details. If everything is correct, check the box against the declaration statement. Also, confirm your signature. Click on “Final Submit”.
- 13th Step: Upload scanned image of hand-written declaration in the prescribed format.
- 14th Step: Make payment of your LIC AAO application form and take a print out of the application form and confirmation page for future reference.
LIC AAO 2019 Notification: LIC AAO Application Fee
The LIC AAO application fee for different categories are tabulated below:
Payment of application fee can be made using:
- Credit Card
- Debit Card
- Internet Banking
LIC AAO 2019 Notification: LIC AAO Selection Process
Recruitment of LIC AAO candidates is done through four steps:
- LIC AAO Preliminary Exam
- LIC AAO Main Exam
LIC AAO 2019 Notification: LIC AAO Exam Pattern For Prelims
The LIC AAO exam pattern for Prelims is tabulated below:
|Sections||Number Of Questions/Maximum Marks||Time Duration|
|Reasoning Ability||35/35||20 mins|
|Quantitative Aptitude||35/35||20 mins|
|English Language||30/30||20 mins|
|Total||100/70||60 mins or 1 hour|
The English Language section is just qualifying in nature.
LIC AAO Cutoff For Prelims
The LIC AAO cutoff 2019 for Prelims is as under:
|Sections||Cutoff For SC/ST Candidates||Cutoff For Others|
Candidates 20 times the number of available vacancies for each of the categories will be shortlisted to appear for LIC AAO Mains 2019.
LIC AAO 2019 Notification: LIC AAO Exam Pattern For Mains
The LIC AAO Mains exam pattern is tabulated below. Note that it is different for different posts.
|Sections||Number Of Questions/Maximum Marks||Time Duration|
|Reasoning Ability||30/90||40 mins|
|General Knowledge & Current Affairs||30/60||20 mins|
|Data Analysis & Interpretation (For Generalists)Professional Knowledge (For IT/Chartered Accountant/Actuarial/Rajbhasha)||30/90||40 mins|
|Insurance & Financial Market Awareness||30/60||20 mins|
|Total||120/300||120 mins or 2 hours|
|English Language (Letter writing & Essay)/Knowledge of Language (Descriptive) for Rajbhasha||2/25||30 mins|
Here, English Language (Letter writing & Essay)/Knowledge of Language (Descriptive)are just qualifying in nature.
LIC AAO Cutoff For Mains
The LIC AAO Mains cutoff are tabulated below:
|Sections||Cutoff Marks For SC/ST Candidates||Cutoff Marks For Others|
|General Knowledge & Current Affairs||27||30|
|Data Analysis & Interpretation (For Generalists)Professional Knowledge (For IT/Chartered Accountant/Actuarial/Rajbhasha)||40||45|
|Insurance & Financial Market Awareness||27||30|
|English Language (Letter writing & Essay)/Knowledge of Language (Descriptive) for Rajbhasha||9||10|
Note that for both Prelims and Mains, the medium of exam will be English and Hindi, exce[pt for the Language sections.
LIC AAO 2019 Notification: LIC AAO Interview & Final Selection
Based on the marks secured by the candidates in the LIC AAO Main exam, they will be shortlisted for Interview. The Interview will be conducted for 60 marks. For SC/ST candidates, the qualifying marks is 27 whereas, for others, it is 30. Final selection of candidates will be based on the candidates’ performance in both Mains and Interview.
As you can see, the LIC AAO exam pattern is almost similar to that of bank exams. So, taking bank mock tests for IBPS and SBI will help you immensely in your preparation.
LIC AAO 2019 Notification: LIC AAO Syllabus
The detailed LIC AAO syllabus 2019 are tabulated below:
|LIC AAO Notification: LIC AAO 2019 Syllabus|
|English Language||Basic knowledge of English grammar (Parts of speech, Gender, Singular-plural, Subject-verb agreement, Voice change, Narration, Phrases and idioms, etc.) – Error spotting, Fill in the gaps, Cloze tests, Para jumbles, etc.; English vocabulary – Antonyms and synonyms; Comprehension reading|
|Logical Reasoning||Syllogism, Linear and circular arrangements, Coding-decoding, Distance and direction, Puzzles, Inequalities, Classification, Number series, etc.|
|Quantitative Aptitude||Basic Mathematical knowledge – Percentage, Average, Profit and loss, Simplification, Time and work, Time, speed and distance, Simple and compound interest, Data sufficiency, Data interpretation, Geometry and mensuration, etc.|
|General Knowledge||History, Geography, Sports, Economic and financial news/events/policies, Agriculture, Books and authors, Awards and recognition, History of banking, etc.|
LIC AAO 2019 Notification: LIC AAO Admit Card
LIC AAO admit card/hall ticket will be released 22nd April 2019 on the official website. Candidates will have to log in with their Registration Number and Password to download the admit card.
LIC AAO 2019 Notification: LIC AAO Result
The LIC AAO results will be declared on the official website of LIC. The results will be declared separately for each stage of the selection process.
LIC AAO 2019 Notification: LIC AAO Salary
Selected candidates will get basic pay of Rs 32795/- per month in the scale of Rs. 32795- 1610(14) –55335– 1745(4) –62315. As per norms, there will other allowances, benefits, and perks along with the salary. The total LIC AAO salary in ‘A’ Class city will be around Rs 56,000/- per month.
Candidates preparing for LIC AAO 2019 must be thorough with the LIC AAO syllabus and exam pattern and plan their preparation accordingly. The LIC AAO exam has more or less the same syllabus as any other competitive exams for government jobs, especially banking exams. Taking banking exams will help you in your preparation. Embibe provides banking mock tests for free which will be of great importance in your preparation for LIC AAO 2019.
We hope this detailed article on LIC AAO Notification 2019 helps you. If you have any query regarding LIC AAO 2019 Notification, drop a comment below and we will get back to you.