The Authority has decided to constitute a committee to examine matters relating to Motor Third Party pricing and make recommendations on pricing for the year 2019-20. The Committee shall consist of the following:
- Shri.P.J.Joseph, Member (Non-life), Chair
- Dr.N.Srinivasa Rao, Economic Adviser, Department of Financial Services, Ministry of Finance, Govt of India, Member
- Shri.Paresh Kumar Goel, Director, Ministry of Road, Transport and Highways, Member
- Shri.Arvind Shenoy, Head, Technical, General Insurance Council, Member
- Shri.J.K.Garg, General Manager, The New India Assurance Company Limited, Member
- Shri.A.K.Sisodia, DGM, The Oriental Insurance Company Limited, Member
- Shri.Pankaj Jain, Head, Motor, Bajaj Allianz General Insurance Company Ltd, Member
- Shri. J.V.Prasad, ICICI Lombard General Insurance Company Limited, Member
- Shri.R.Arunachalam, Appointed Actuary, Cholamandalam MS General Insurance Company Limited, Member
- Shri.Jacob Thomas, Motor Vertical In-charge, Insurance Information Bureau of India, Member
- Shri.S.K.Mittal, President, All India Motor Transport Congress (AIMTC) as Main Member and Shri.Mukesh Dave, Vice President, as Alternate Member
- Shri.D.R.Dharmaraj Bala, Additional Secretary, Bus Operators Confederation of India, Member
- Shri.Nitin G.Dossa, President, Federation of Indian Autormobile Associations, Member
- Shri. Ashim Sanyal, Chief Operating Officer, ‘Consumer Voice’, Member
- Shri.S.P.Chakraborty, General Manager, Actuarial Department ,IRDAI, Member
- Smt.Yegnapriya Bharath, Chief General Manager, Non-life Department, IRDAI, Member-Convener
The Terms of Reference of the Committee are as follows:
- Examine Motor Third Party Insurance pricing aspects including data related, and recommend prices for the year 2019-20.
- Revisit the classification of vehicles keeping in view the latest developments in the industry.
- Any other matter relevant to Motor Third Party pricing.
The Committee will have a tenure till 31.12.2018.
This has the approval of the Competent Authority.
Chief General Manager (Non-Life)
Source : IRDAI